Take a walk in Var dept
Villages, landscapes and festivals… La Londe-les-Maures, Hyères and the entire Var region and Riviera offer a myriad of touring ideas starting out from “Camping de La Pascalinette” to make the most of your holiday!
Here are a few of our favourites – we hope you’ll enjoy them too!
- Tourtour and its breathtaking views over the Var region.
- Château de La Castille: a pretty castle with superb grounds and an exceptional treetop adventure course!
- Hyères les Palmiers: the medieval quarter with its tower of the Knights Templar, view over the Bay of Hyères and many little bistros.
- The Golden Islands (Iles d’Or): Port Cros National Park and Porquerolles with its bicycle rides and magnificent beaches…
- Thoronet Abbey: a unique atmosphere!
- Verdon Canyon: a spectacular and enchanting natural site!
- The historical Port of Toulon and its naval base.
- Mount Faron in Toulon: the summit can be reached by car, cable-car or on foot and offers exceptional views, a zoo and Allied Landings museum.
- The lavender fields on Plateau de Valensole: brimming with colours, fragrances and… honey!
- Moustiers Sainte Marie: famed for its bubbling springs, this hilltop Provencal village resembles a picture postcard.
- Saint Maximin-la-Sainte-Baume Basilica: an astonishing memory – two doves flying over the bride and groom just as they said “I do”…
- Massif des Maures: cork oaks and unique vegetation.
- Pépiole Chapel in Six-Fours-les-Plages: a voyage back in time in Provence.
- Saint Tropez: a peaceful little fishing village outside the summer period…
- Port Grimaud – the little “Venice of Provence”!
- Bormes-les-Mimosas: its old quarter perched on a hillside, graveyard with stunning views and legendary mimosa trees.
- Le Lavandou: an endless choice of bistros and an astonishing celebration on July 31st!
- Collobrières: the land of the sweet chestnut. A pretty Provencal village producing one of Provence’s Christmas specialities – candied chestnuts!
And many, many more enchanting places…