Mountain biking near the campsite: the Corniche des Maures
Departing from Cogolin (under 40 km from the campsite), this 95 km loop:
- Crosses Col du Canadel (267 m) with its stunning views over the peaks of the Mercantour and Haut-Var, then Col de Barral (372 m), boasting sweeping vistas over the Golden Islands and Maures coast.
- Descends onto Col de Landon (380 m) and Col de Caguo-Ven (220m ), overlooking Bormes-les-Mimosas.
- Crosses Le Lavandou, Saint-Clair, la Fossette, Cavalière and Pramousquier, then climbs up to Le Canadel and Le Rayol to the Belvédère du Dattier – exceptional view over the Maures coast – before heading back down to Cavalaire-sur-Mer.
- Passes through La Croix-Valmer and climbs up gently to Col de la Baie de Cavalaire then plunges down to Ramatuelle.
- Crosses the historic quarter of Saint-Tropez back to Cogolin.
This exhilarating mountain bike tour is a fabulous and sporty must-do excursion during your camping holiday and features magnificent panoramic views over the Mediterranean. A promise of French Riviera-Côte d’Azur beauty, sport and holiday fun all in one!
… And if your legs are aching when you get back, simply lie back and relax in the water park’s whirlpool bath!